LightningMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

perfect pitches and other useless crap

3 posters

Go down

perfect pitches and other useless crap Empty perfect pitches and other useless crap

Post by batoom 19th April 2011, 9:51 pm

it'd be nice if perfect pitches could be exchanged for maple leaves, or better yet, give us maple leaves when we level!? other than tat one bandana, perfect pitches seem useless, or nothing is being added to the store to even bother; i'd rather get mesos/leaves, and I think a majority of players that spend time leveling would agree.

also, with the continuous lag and what not, training has become very disrupted. There should be somethin done about some of the point systems and what not to alleviate some of the woes of training under constant lag. For example: I want alien, so i can wear this epic hat, however, based on the current trades set up, I would need 4GMLs = 40,000 maple leaves = ~2,700RBs !!!?
That's a bit excessive...If you know you have lag problems, and acknowledge them, but have not found a fix nor done anything to please players, you will lose them, like you have been losing them.

Stat Reset NPC/Rebirth fail:
So everyone knows you lose stats if you RB
200 Levels gives only 950 AP, I don't get it
FIX THE REBIRTH FUNCTION! I'm not sure if you have the rebirth command do all the work, or if you have a public static doRebirth, but man something in there is doing setAp(0)
if you don't want to do that, fine, but at least adjust the Stat Reset NPC to allocate missing AP.
As far as i remember, NpcChatHandler has math functions built in, so the JS can handle calculations fine, or should be able to by default.
Have the stat resetter allocate AP correctly, too:
1 level x 5 AP x 200 = 1000AP per RB
therefore, stat reset should be calculated on:
correctAp = (player.getRb() x 1000) + (player.getLevel() x 5)
player.setAp(correctAp)
player.setInt(4)
player.setLuk(4)
player.setDex(4)
player.setStr(4)

Ofcourse thorugh in all the checks and shiz so you don't get negatives. I'm downloading eclipse and a dummy source as i write this so I can be more accurate lol, but i remember most of everything.

Anyway not trying to be a dick, so sorry if i come off that way; Other than the server I was head GM for for a year, and my own one that I did everything but web dev for, for 1 year, this is the first server I have enjoyed and played on for more than 5 days. It's just sad to see it start going down hill as soon as i started. sorry for crappy grammar, normally i'm a grammar nazi, but it's 10am and I was supposed to fall asleep around 5am.
Hope some of these suggestions helped/can be implemented...kay bye

ADDITION:
So apparently there have been instances where GMs have to drop items and they get stolen by other players and crap.
I used to have a !giveitem command.
Basically it gives an item to the user;
!giveitem <player> <itemid> <quantity>
that way you guys can just dish out items, rather than dropping them; also, being a command, it's completely logged, so "certain" instances don't arise, yeah.

ADDITION 2:
"!rape"
well, that's what i called it. not sure if you guys have it, but you probably have or heard of a world trip command.
Worldtrip is nice and all, but the only downside is, it stops after the player DCs
for !rape to work, just choose a map xml file, and fuck it up, thus the map becomes unstable; or you can infinite loop the map, so the map takes you to the map, and so on, so forth.
This way, if the player comes back online, he's still getting raped. Only way to adjust him is to do a manual DB change for the player's map. I remember !warphere and other warp commands not working; fun and dangerous stuff

Last edited by batoom on 19th April 2011, 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

batoom

Back to top Go down

perfect pitches and other useless crap Empty Re: perfect pitches and other useless crap

Post by Bella 19th April 2011, 10:06 pm

agreed D: everythings true grandpa <3
Bella
Bella

Back to top Go down

perfect pitches and other useless crap Empty Re: perfect pitches and other useless crap

Post by batoom 20th April 2011, 1:12 am

so as not to confuse anyoneee, by "other useless crap" i meant my suggestions. So far, the only things useless in the server are the lag and the perfect pitches.

batoom

Back to top Go down

Post by •Bacárdí™ 20th April 2011, 8:41 am

LMFAO "!rape" would cause chaos.
•Bacárdí™
•Bacárdí™

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum