LightningMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealing with the Spanish speaking players.

+4
Fred
Crayola
Sistar19
DesertStorm
8 posters

Go down

Dealing with the Spanish speaking players. Empty Dealing with the Spanish speaking players.

Post by DesertStorm 28th June 2011, 11:55 am

One thing I have learned from being a GM and owning a server is that since there are a lot of Spanish speaking players who have trouble with English I have found it helpful if for Important announcements and stuff of that sort it is usually helpful to create the thread in both English and Spanish to make it easy for them to understand. As Google translator or any translator of sorts can often mix up and give false information. (Which is never good) So that is just my suggestion to help out the Spanish speaking players.
DesertStorm
DesertStorm

Back to top Go down

Dealing with the Spanish speaking players. Empty Re: Dealing with the Spanish speaking players.

Post by Sistar19 28th June 2011, 12:24 pm

sounds good, but y would the Spanish, who can only speak Spanish be on LMS anyway? just an opinion
Sistar19
Sistar19

Back to top Go down

Dealing with the Spanish speaking players. Empty Re: Dealing with the Spanish speaking players.

Post by DesertStorm 28th June 2011, 12:53 pm

I am not sure however I have met a few already and you can't find them easily because they use translators so they can speak in english to you guys.
DesertStorm
DesertStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Crayola 28th June 2011, 1:43 pm

I think if anything we have more SG players. But I doubt other players speak another language in-game. When they do and actually need help, I do use a translator to try and help.
Crayola
Crayola

Back to top Go down

Post by DesertStorm 28th June 2011, 1:48 pm

Ok if you ever need help I almost speak fluent spanish Razz
DesertStorm
DesertStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred 28th June 2011, 5:21 pm

We speak english on lms. Thats what i heard atleast.
Fred
Fred

Back to top Go down

Post by DesertStorm 28th June 2011, 5:51 pm

i know im talking about translating on the forums only for like the forum rules + regulations post and all that stuff not in-game
DesertStorm
DesertStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Crayola 28th June 2011, 11:04 pm

I have never seen a Spanish Speaker on forums though. Maybe on XAT but not forums. Lol.
Crayola
Crayola

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash 29th June 2011, 3:55 am

Queria saver por que nadie habla Español en el juego. Estaba preguntando
en el juego como aser cosas y nadie me contestava! Por favor alludame
por que soy un noob en el juego. Cuendo le pregunte al GM jake como
jugar todo lo que me dijo fue que me valla ala verga y que me gingara
mi madre!!

Last edited by Vash on 29th June 2011, 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Vash
Vash

Back to top Go down

Post by DesertStorm 29th June 2011, 4:19 am

Oh, ya veo. Yo hablo Espanol. Si usted tiene alguna pregunta sobre el juego no dude en preguntar!
DesertStorm
DesertStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by DesertStorm 29th June 2011, 4:21 am

He was saying how no one speaks Spanish in the game and it would be helpful if you guys did this. Now this isn't a direct translation but put it into google translator if youd like and it'll say pretty much the same thing.
DesertStorm
DesertStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Tribe 29th June 2011, 8:08 am

i agree i think we should put in an IP block so that anyone outside the US or Canada isn't allowed to play, thus solving all language problems while simultaneously increasing the enjoyment of other players
Tribe
Tribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vashiekins 29th June 2011, 9:53 am

^ you know not every in the US and Canada can speak english.
That right their is somewhat offensive

Last edited by Vashiekins on 29th June 2011, 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Vashiekins
Vashiekins

Back to top Go down

Post by DesertStorm 29th June 2011, 10:00 am

Vashiekins wrote:^ you know not every in the US and Canada can speak english.
That right their is somewhat offended!
I agree I mean it would be easier to do that. However that would be discriminating against other races and cultures which is very offensive in my opinion.
DesertStorm
DesertStorm

Back to top Go down

Post by •Bacárdí™ 29th June 2011, 10:50 am

We will lose 90% of the community.
Freaken sgs bro.
•Bacárdí™
•Bacárdí™

Back to top Go down

Post by Tribe 29th June 2011, 12:31 pm

Vashiekins wrote:^ you know not every in the US and Canada can speak english.
That right their is somewhat offensive

no
u see
people who don't know english are illegal immigrants
therefore not supposed to be there in the first place
Tribe
Tribe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum